Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone tried to login to my Apple ID in another country

I am at home in the UK at the moment. I just got an alert telling me that someone near Casablanca (Morocco) tried to sign into my account. I (obviously) clicked "Don't Trust" and proceeded to change my password. Is this sufficient to make sure this wont work, or is there anything else i can do to secure my account?

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 7:34 AM

You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 7:34 AM in response to OwenBrwn

You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

Two Factor Authentification availability

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verification App Specific Passwords

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ

Someone tried to login to my Apple ID in another country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.