Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store infinite sign in loop

When I try to buy an app, I am asked to enter password, then told my apple ID has not been used in the store (or for iTunes), and I need to review my account. When I hit review, I get the sign in window again. And this loop appears to go on and on.

And help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 12:03 AM

Exact same question here! I just bought this iPad too, updated it, reset my wifi network, and rebooted the device more time than I can count. I have the latest model as of Feb 13th, the 7th gen. Each time we login, we get a literal blank screen before the entire prompt drops, then it says I have to review the settings again. Click review, sign in, blank screen, it drops, prompt again! Extremely frustrating. Especially when you bought a package for over six hundred dollars and can't even use it!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2020 12:03 AM in response to bones1974

Exact same question here! I just bought this iPad too, updated it, reset my wifi network, and rebooted the device more time than I can count. I have the latest model as of Feb 13th, the 7th gen. Each time we login, we get a literal blank screen before the entire prompt drops, then it says I have to review the settings again. Click review, sign in, blank screen, it drops, prompt again! Extremely frustrating. Especially when you bought a package for over six hundred dollars and can't even use it!

Jan 3, 2020 12:30 PM in response to bones1974

Hi there, bones1974.

I see that you're unable to purchase applications in the App Store. You receive a message that your Apple ID hasn't been used in the store and asks you to review your account. Then you're immediately sent back to the sign in screen again, and I'm glad to help.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods -- Make sure your Apple ID has a payment method available.

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID --  This article provides the information regarding the payment methods you can use. Be sure to review country- or region-specific information under "Payment methods by country or region".

If this doesn't correct the problem, please describe the issue in greater detail. Please include the full text of any messages you receive. Also include which device you're using and which operating system it's on. The more information you provide, the better we'll be able to offer additional guidance.

Take care.

App Store infinite sign in loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.