Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook sound randomly cuts out after latest software update

I have noticed that while watching videos on my MacBook, the audio randomly cuts out for like 5 seconds and comes back. This has never happened to me before. I got the last update of Catalina like 2 or 3 weeks ago, but only recently noticed the problem. I usually use Safari as my browser, so I decided to try Chrome and see if it appears there too. It turns out in Chrome the audio completely cuts out and doesn't come back until I restart the app. Also while Chrome audio was not working, safari was completely fine. Has anyone else experienced this before? How do I fix it?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 1:26 PM

Greetings, luboslavstankov. 

Thank you for consulting the Apple Support Communities. As I understand it, you are having some difficulties with your sound. I’d like to lend a hand in finding a resolution. 

To start, please Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac. Then, test to see if the issue persists. If so, please answer the following questions.

• Does this happen while using a certain streaming service or does it happen with all videos?
  • Does this happen if you use a Bluetooth device?
  • Are you using the internal Mac speakers?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warmly.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 1:26 PM in response to luboslavstankov

Greetings, luboslavstankov. 

Thank you for consulting the Apple Support Communities. As I understand it, you are having some difficulties with your sound. I’d like to lend a hand in finding a resolution. 

To start, please Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac. Then, test to see if the issue persists. If so, please answer the following questions.

• Does this happen while using a certain streaming service or does it happen with all videos?
  • Does this happen if you use a Bluetooth device?
  • Are you using the internal Mac speakers?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warmly.

MacBook sound randomly cuts out after latest software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.