Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound cuts out momentarily - MacBook Pro 13" 2016 - macOS Catalina 10.15.5

My MBP, for about the past 4-6 weeks has had the sound cutting out, momentarily, when watching Netflix, Youtube, including other video playbacks. It's like a glitch, nothing happens to the video quality. I have tried resetting PRAM, no change. I reset the internet modem, no change. I resorted to backing up my MBP and factory resetting it, AND.... no change.

The sound from the speakers is fine, there is no crackling etc.

No other computer or Smart TV in the home has this problem.

Is this a hardware issue that might need fixing, or has anyone experienced this and resolved it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 4:44 AM

see if this helps:

SMC reset      https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

11 replies

Jun 18, 2020 9:56 AM in response to _wisey_

Yes, still ongoing issue. Happens on Netflix the most and YouTube. Spotify seems OK for now. Tried Chrome and Firefox and the problem persists over browsers.

It's like this short sound cutout, like 1/10 of a second but noticeable, everything goes back to normal after and then it reapears after maybe 2-10 minutes of watching any video.

It does seem like the issue is not prevelant when watching movies saved on the hardrive. Only streams. Super annoying tho.

Sound cuts out momentarily - MacBook Pro 13" 2016 - macOS Catalina 10.15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.