Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari will open for about 1 second before quitting and bringing up a crash report. I've tried everything to fix it so what do i do?

Safari will open for about 1 second before quitting and bringing up a crash report. I've tried restarting and updating my computer. I've removed all the add ons, extensions and plug ins. For some reason safari works fine when opened through a link, but when I try creating a new tab or typing in the search bar, it quits.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 5:32 AM

Restart the router.

Startup in Safe Mode.    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Launch Safari to test.

Restart normally by clicking the “Restart” button at the bottom.

Test Safari now.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 31, 2019 9:45 AM in response to TaB1524

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

safari will open for about 1 second before quitting and bringing up a crash report. I've tried everything to fix it so what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.