Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optonline.net email going straight to trash on iPad mini

Been having this issue since right before Xmas...Have an iPad 4 mini running iOS 13.3...using the Apple Mail program in order to get email...have spoken to Optonline.net Helpdesk but they are not being very helpful in resolving the problem...have removed and reset the email several times with always the same result...instead of mail going into Inbox, goes into Trash...no filters are set, so the mail should come straight to the Inbox..the problem is with my wife's email...when I created an email account under my email address on her iPad 4 mini and there was no issue...mail started pouring in to the Inbox...did not fuss with port numbers or filters when I logged in...and everything just worked...I think the problem is on Optonline's end...not on the client email program...looking for any thoughts on this...thanks...and Happy New Year...

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 11:56 AM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2019 4:55 PM in response to QuickPost

that worked...but why..I had no filters directing the mail to go to the trash...is this something that was done somehow on the Apple Mail client and has nothing to do do with Optonline.net mail servers? I wasted hours on hold, going over the same steps with them that I already did...it would never have occurred to me to move or maybe even delete the mail that was in the trash...

Optonline.net email going straight to trash on iPad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.