Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You must update the iPhone to the latest version of iOS before it can be restored from this backup.

I'm switching from iphone 10 to 11 pro and i keep receiving a message that i cannot restore because the back up was not compatible with the iphone that is being restored. Can anybody help please?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 7:21 AM

If the iOS level on your 10 is higher than the iOS level on your 11, you will need to update the iOS on the 11 before you can restore the backup from the 10 to the 11. For example, your 10 may be current at iOS 13.3. But your new out of the box 11, may have come with iOS 13, but not iOS 13.3. You'll need to update the 11 to restore from the backup.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2020 7:21 AM in response to Daniel Olalla

If the iOS level on your 10 is higher than the iOS level on your 11, you will need to update the iOS on the 11 before you can restore the backup from the 10 to the 11. For example, your 10 may be current at iOS 13.3. But your new out of the box 11, may have come with iOS 13, but not iOS 13.3. You'll need to update the 11 to restore from the backup.

Jan 1, 2020 8:24 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you my friend for the information. I also discovered that doesnt let me put the back up did today because the new iphone isnt updated in beta version that 13.3.1 that version hasn't come out yet. So in order to be able to do it i will need to put the new Iphone with that mentioned version and there i will be able to do it....im doing it rifght now, i Will let you know!

You must update the iPhone to the latest version of iOS before it can be restored from this backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.