Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection to MacBook Air Issues

Hello!

I've been having issues whenever I plug my phone into my laptop. Typically, the phone is supposed to show up on the Music app but it hasn't been working, even though my phone still charges. This shows that my phone is connected to my laptop but it will not appear to my Music app in order to sync music or photos! How do I fix this issue? I've tried downloading all the latest updates with no luck.

Please help!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 1:02 PM

If you are running Catalina on your computer, then you should find that your iPhone is listed under Locations in the Finder's sidebar. Select it and you can perform syncs there. iTunes under Catalina is only used to manage your music and access the iTunes Store for purchases or downloads.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2020 1:02 PM in response to rachyluc

If you are running Catalina on your computer, then you should find that your iPhone is listed under Locations in the Finder's sidebar. Select it and you can perform syncs there. iTunes under Catalina is only used to manage your music and access the iTunes Store for purchases or downloads.

Connection to MacBook Air Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.