Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

info changes in iTunes 12.8.2.3

I'm trying to add information to audiobooks in iTunes, specifically the comments section. I type in the info, and a little green check mark appears to the right. I then click OK. Then when I go back to the info for that audiobook, the text I entered is NOT there.

I also see this in trying to edit song titles.

So, how can I get iTunes to accept additions or changes to a song or audiobook info ?

I'm using High Sierra, 10.13.6.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 12:39 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 5, 2020 3:02 PM in response to turingtest2

OK, I opened your link "HT203538: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support " I read through it and looked into the info of Home. At the bottom, in permissions my name followed by (me) has read & write privilege. Since I always start up my Mac by logging on my identity, it should be that I can do what is necessary to change the privileges in iTunes folder info, no? But as I mentioned in my last letter, my name doesn't appear there, nor can I add it.

Further reading, in the part of using the Terminal utility, frankly has me spooked. I've read that truly disastrous consequences can occur by errors in using that utility. So I'm reluctant to use the command you provided. ( diskutil resetUserPermissions / `id -u`) and if you would, please tell me what this does, and what other things I should look at before doing this.

As you can easily see, I'm not used to getting into the "guts" of computer programming, I'm a retired life scientist and have used Macs for quite a few years for data analysis. The last programming I did was using Hypercard, more years in the past than I want to recall.

Many thanks,

Penmaker67

Jan 6, 2020 12:37 AM in response to Penmaker67

You should be able to either add yourself to the permissions of the iTunes folder using the steps provided in my first link, or use the Reset Permissions section of Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support to achieve the same effect. Neither involve the use of Terminal. The key is Apply to enclosed items which ensures that permissions of the parent folder are copied into all of its children.

tt2

info changes in iTunes 12.8.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.