Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes custom lyrics

Okay so I'm trying to input custom lyrics for some songs that I downloaded but when I go into song info, click lyrics, and check the custom lyrics box, it doesn't let me type anything. At all. I was able to do it before but for some reason this time it won't let me. However, I did notice that in order to type in the text box, there has to be a dotted outline around it. This isn't the case for the songs that I'm currently trying to write lyrics for, therefore I can't type anything at all, the dotted outline is stuck on the "Ok" button. I have the latest version of iTunes and my PC is updated, I tried to sign out and sign back in, nothing is working. Does anyone have any idea of how I could fix this in order to type? It's really frustrating not being able to and there isn't anything online that I've looked at that has helped me.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 12:26 PM

It is likely that the file is set to Read Only. You should be able to change that in File Manager.

To find out where the source file is located on your computer, select the song in your iTunes Library and click on Edit/Song Info/File>location. Make a note of the location.

In your File Manager, use the file locatiion that you have just found to find the file. Right-click the file and select Properties/General>Attributes. Turn off the Read Only flag (so that there is no tick in the box). Then try adding the lyrics.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2020 12:26 PM in response to Ally_1997

It is likely that the file is set to Read Only. You should be able to change that in File Manager.

To find out where the source file is located on your computer, select the song in your iTunes Library and click on Edit/Song Info/File>location. Make a note of the location.

In your File Manager, use the file locatiion that you have just found to find the file. Right-click the file and select Properties/General>Attributes. Turn off the Read Only flag (so that there is no tick in the box). Then try adding the lyrics.

iTunes custom lyrics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.