Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro A1278 no WiFi says “no hardware installed”

Been looking through videos and forums trying to find a fix to my no WiFi problem. I have a late 2011 MBP 13” A1278 running OSX Sierra. Everything works but the WiFi and Bluetooth. I just purchased used for my daughter for Christmas and OE owner says that it worked fine before shipping and all he did was wipe and reinstall OS by way of internet recovery. It’s like it’s missing pluggin or can’t find software. How can I resolve this problem. I have also run the Apple hardware extended test and everything came back as normal. Any thoughts or help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 2:29 PM

I’d load High Sierra here, though that likely won’t alter this misbehavior. Return it, or have it repaired. It’s certainly possible that something loosened during shipping, or the board or the connection failed, or the board is missing.

1 reply

MacBook Pro A1278 no WiFi says “no hardware installed”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.