Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove Mail recipients from Mail in macOS Catalina?

When I go to create a new email and I type the first letter of someones name it automatically puts an email address I responded to like months ago. That email address is NOT in my Contacts and it doesn't show up in Previous Recipients. I can right click it and click remove but it comes right back as soon as I type that first letter. I have everything Siri turned off so it's odd that it shows Siri found in apps above the email address. This is only one example as it will place other email addresses in the TO: section if I type say an "s" it will put my cable companies email address in there.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 11:07 AM

That person was a previous recipient as I made first contact and they responded just like all the others I can't remove. If Apples Support Team has no answers for it I'm sure it's a bug. Like I said, in older versions of OS X you could right click and remove that recipient.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 1, 2020 7:50 PM in response to Barney-15E

I know I can keep typing but when you have like 20 different emails popup that start with the letter "L" or any email address with the letter "L" in it at all it gets annoying. In the last version of OS X you could right click and click two items that would remove those email addresses.

Turned everything off associated to Siri from day one so that doesn't fix it. I don't use Siri on my iMac or my iPhone. Never liked it so I don't enable it.

Jan 2, 2020 10:53 AM in response to ThrowinRocks

It says right in your Screen shot that Siri is still active and providing suggestions.

The address in your screen shot was generated by Siri suggestions.

That is not the "Previous Recipients." The address wasn't generated from it having been used in Mail before. It was found in some document, email message, or other app that contains that address. It was found and displayed as an option. You can't remove it via the Previous Recipients method because it is not a previous recipient.

How do I remove Mail recipients from Mail in macOS Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.