Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music and storage

if i go into my storage app, and go to my downloaded music, there are songs and albums i never downloaded or listened too. When i search them on my music app, they aren't there, why?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 2:11 PM

Hello Christinekie, 

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are seeing music downloaded to your device, you did not choose to add or download.

There are few possible causes that come to mind.

• Do you share an Apple ID with someone else?

If you are sharing an Apple ID your device may be reflecting music they have added. You would instead want to use Family Sharing and convert your Apple Music to a family plan.

If this is not the case, you may have a few settings enabled.

Let’s check Settings > Music.

• Do you have “Add Playlist Songs” enabled?
  • Do you have “Automatic Downloads” enabled?

You can learn more about adding music for Offline play here: Add music to iPhone and listen offline

You can learn more about Family Sharing here: Family Sharing

I hope this information is helpful.

Have a good one!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 2:11 PM in response to Christinekie

Hello Christinekie, 

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are seeing music downloaded to your device, you did not choose to add or download.

There are few possible causes that come to mind.

• Do you share an Apple ID with someone else?

If you are sharing an Apple ID your device may be reflecting music they have added. You would instead want to use Family Sharing and convert your Apple Music to a family plan.

If this is not the case, you may have a few settings enabled.

Let’s check Settings > Music.

• Do you have “Add Playlist Songs” enabled?
  • Do you have “Automatic Downloads” enabled?

You can learn more about adding music for Offline play here: Add music to iPhone and listen offline

You can learn more about Family Sharing here: Family Sharing

I hope this information is helpful.

Have a good one!

Apple music and storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.