Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music downloaded not showing in Music App

If have downloaded a whole bunch of music over 100 songs that does not show in the music app which only pay show 5 songs but When I look at iPhone storage it shows them all there all 100+ songs?

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 7:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 2:54 PM

Hey Bakerboy,

Thanks for the clarification. If the Music app is not recognizing the songs, but the iPhone sees they have been downloaded, there may be an issue with the Music app. One thing you can do is to delete the Music app and then reinstall it.

"Delete a built-in app from your device

1. On your iOS device, touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn't jiggle, make sure that you're not pressing too hard.
  2. Tap on the app, then tap Delete. 
  3. Press the Home button to finish.

If you have an Apple Watch, deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap  to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch."

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12 or later device or Apple Watch

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2019 2:54 PM in response to Bakerboy

Hey Bakerboy,

Thanks for the clarification. If the Music app is not recognizing the songs, but the iPhone sees they have been downloaded, there may be an issue with the Music app. One thing you can do is to delete the Music app and then reinstall it.

"Delete a built-in app from your device

1. On your iOS device, touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. If the app doesn't jiggle, make sure that you're not pressing too hard.
  2. Tap on the app, then tap Delete. 
  3. Press the Home button to finish.

If you have an Apple Watch, deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.

Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap  to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch."

Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12 or later device or Apple Watch

Take care.

Jun 25, 2019 11:55 AM in response to Bakerboy

Hey Bakerboy,

If I understand correctly, you do not see the music that is downloaded to your iOS device. Are the 5 songs downloaded to the device or just in the iCloud Library? There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

"If you can’t see iCloud Music Library on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

First, restart your iOS device

If you still can't see it after the restart:

1. Turn off iCloud Music Library and then turn it back on.
  2. Sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in."

Get help with iCloud Music Library

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Jun 25, 2019 5:03 PM in response to Bakerboy

Sorry you are not correct.

I am an Apple Music Subscriber and I am trying to Download a playlist for offline use (60 songs). It looks like it downloads all the music but when I go into Downloaded Music in the Music App and look under songs it only shows a few songs. But when I goto Settings/General/iphone Storage and Look under Music it shows all 60 songs in the list. I just can't see them in the Music App to listen to them.

Apple Music downloaded not showing in Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.