Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Screenshots to Photos

It makes absolutely no sense to me that there is no way to automatically save my screenshots to the Photos application. There are several times when I take a screenshot on my Mac and I want to be able to quickly edit it and then send it to someone. I prefer to do the editing either on my iPad or my iPhone with my finger then with my Mac. From the answers I've seen it looks like you have to create automations and all this crap just to be able to do that.

That's insane! I just recently moved a year ago from Windows to Mac and I was so impressed by how easy it is for everything to sync. So I'm hoping that somewhere along the Catalina line Apple will implement a way to easily save screenshots to the Photos application. Enough people are asking for this!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 7:59 AM

Thanks everyone. I know all those extra steps I can take. That's not what I'm talking about. I should be able to simply set in preferences to have my screenshots saved to Photos; the same way I can have my Downloads saved automatically to my desktop instead of Downloads.

I don't want workarounds, I just want it to work.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 7:59 AM in response to tygb

Thanks everyone. I know all those extra steps I can take. That's not what I'm talking about. I should be able to simply set in preferences to have my screenshots saved to Photos; the same way I can have my Downloads saved automatically to my desktop instead of Downloads.

I don't want workarounds, I just want it to work.

Saving Screenshots to Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.