Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Transfer

I recently bought an iPhone 11 and want to let my daughter use my old iPhone 5S to watch youtube and play games on. The question I have is, how can I set up the 5S under a profile for her and keep it from updating or trying to install everything I have on my 11 every time I connect it to my computer? I was thinking the best thing to do was restore the factory settings on my 5S, deleting everything on it, then reinstalling the games she likes. This would also go a long way to creating more memory space for her. I just don't want to willy-nilly restore factory settings without being sure it won't affect my iPhone 11 and I want to make sure there is a way that if I connect the 5S to the computer it only installs things I want on it and vice versa for the 11 without cross mingling apps, data and music. There should be an easy way to have two devices that connect to the computer without this problem, I'm just looking for help in setting it up.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 10:10 AM

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Follow the steps in the linked article and you will be just fine. It won't affect what you have on your new iPhone and it will essentially give your daughter a "fresh slate" to work with.

While you're at it, you probably should set up Family Sharing and make sure your daughter has her own Apple ID.

Family Sharing - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2020 10:10 AM in response to WyoBronco

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Follow the steps in the linked article and you will be just fine. It won't affect what you have on your new iPhone and it will essentially give your daughter a "fresh slate" to work with.

While you're at it, you probably should set up Family Sharing and make sure your daughter has her own Apple ID.

Family Sharing - Apple

iPhone Transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.