Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my old iphone6s still connected to my new Iphone11? And how can I separate them? My son uses my old phone for apps/games.

Why is my old iphone6s still connected to my new iphone11? My son uses my old phone for apps/games, taking pictures & videos... when he adds these things they appear on my iPhone 11. And when he deletes items, they also delete on my phone. And how can I separate the two phones so that we are not linked?

Thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 9:09 AM

That’s because you are sharing an Apple ID with your son, a definite no-no. It can lead to this and many other problems. What you should do is this—>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Then set up his phone with his own Apple ID, creating one if he doesn’t already have one. Link it to your Apple ID with—>Family Sharing - Apple Support so he can share apps, music, calendars that you want to share, and photos that you want to share (and not photos that you don’t want to share).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2020 9:09 AM in response to kdd_23

That’s because you are sharing an Apple ID with your son, a definite no-no. It can lead to this and many other problems. What you should do is this—>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Then set up his phone with his own Apple ID, creating one if he doesn’t already have one. Link it to your Apple ID with—>Family Sharing - Apple Support so he can share apps, music, calendars that you want to share, and photos that you want to share (and not photos that you don’t want to share).

Why is my old iphone6s still connected to my new Iphone11? And how can I separate them? My son uses my old phone for apps/games.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.