Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two different iPads for two separate uses...how do I separate the information one from the other?

I have two iPads. I want to keep using both but in different ways. I want to keep them separate.

At the moment both iPads contain the exact same information. How do I separate the old iPad from the new one?

1. I want to leave all social media-type Apps on my old iPad
  2. I want to use my new iPad like a laptop--with only my business files and Apps.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 11:37 AM

If you intend to completely separate your devices, you will need to create and use a new AppleID for your new (business) iPad.

As both devices currently have the same data, the easiest method to achieve your stated outcome is to initially backup both devices to iCloud or iTunes:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Once backed-up, prepare your new (business) iPad using this process:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This procedure will remove the Activation Lock, erase the iPad, and return the iPad to its initial “hello” screen. From here you can setup “as new”, creating a new AppleID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2021 11:37 AM in response to YLovell

If you intend to completely separate your devices, you will need to create and use a new AppleID for your new (business) iPad.

As both devices currently have the same data, the easiest method to achieve your stated outcome is to initially backup both devices to iCloud or iTunes:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Once backed-up, prepare your new (business) iPad using this process:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This procedure will remove the Activation Lock, erase the iPad, and return the iPad to its initial “hello” screen. From here you can setup “as new”, creating a new AppleID.

Two different iPads for two separate uses...how do I separate the information one from the other?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.