Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

driver Canon Scanner 8800F

Since Catalina (late 2019), I cannot use my CanoScan 8800F at all. The driver is too old. I downloaded a new one (link found on this site) but still does not work. Any solution anyone? would really appreciate. I have another scanner, but not from slides to pictures. Thanks a lot.

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 2:14 PM

10 replies

Jan 2, 2020 2:57 PM in response to gbeardsell

This is an ancient scanner product, and it is almost a certainty that Canon has long since abandoned driver support for it. The paid, 64-bit VueScan Professional supports this scanner (flatbed/film scanning) without the installation of any Canon software or drivers.

I suggested the Professional version of VueScan because it is a single purchase with no future update expense. I know this because I purchased VueScan Professional in 2010, and have never paid another cent, despite several updates, which are frequent. I receive no compensation or other benefits from this vendor for mentioning there product here.

Jan 2, 2020 2:59 PM in response to Barney-15E

VueScan is not very helpful. They refused last week to cooperate, saying I did not buy from them. Dry and short email! And of course, when you try what they send as a link, it comes with a watermark 'vueScan - buy now'....... I might have to go back to 32-bit to slve my problem of scanning about 200-300 slides (writing a book on family history). Thanks for a quick reply. I might just buy the driver from VueScan before.

Jan 2, 2020 3:08 PM in response to gbeardsell

gbeardsell Said:

"driver Canon Scanner 8800F: Since Catalina (late 2019), I cannot use my CanoScan 8800F at all. The driver is too old. I downloaded a new one (link found on this site) but still does not work. Any solution anyone? would really appreciate. I have another scanner, but not from slides to pictures. Thanks a lot."

-------

Chat with Canon Support: Canon Maintenance Service — Canon Support - Perform a chat with the Manufacturer (Canon). See what they (The Manufacturer) have to say, about troubleshooting this. They would most-likely have firsthand knowledge of this.

Jan 2, 2020 5:57 PM in response to gbeardsell

gbeardsell, I feel your pain.

I had the same issue with the CanoScan 9000F. It seems that Canon has abandoned support for Apple. I have Windows 10 on my Mac via Boot Camp and the 9000F is still supported on Windows.

A lot of the work-abouts out there do work well, but they are close to the price of a new scanner. So why bother as in a year it may be obsolete again?

driver Canon Scanner 8800F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.