Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I gt rid of "search.pulse" that automaticaly opens when I open Safari?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 6:27 PM

You have adware/malware installed. Use  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may be necessary to run more than one scan.  After scanning a couple of times, restart the computer and test. If necessary, follow the manual instructions.  Do not download any other programs that are listed in the articles.   Malwarebytes uninstall

Search.serachpulse,net uninstall

Also check Safari/Preferences/General to see what your Home Page is set to. If Searchpulse, change it.

Safari Homepage setting greyed out 

Then check System Preferences/Profiles to see if there are any you didn’t install. Delete them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2020 6:27 PM in response to lollie

You have adware/malware installed. Use  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may be necessary to run more than one scan.  After scanning a couple of times, restart the computer and test. If necessary, follow the manual instructions.  Do not download any other programs that are listed in the articles.   Malwarebytes uninstall

Search.serachpulse,net uninstall

Also check Safari/Preferences/General to see what your Home Page is set to. If Searchpulse, change it.

Safari Homepage setting greyed out 

Then check System Preferences/Profiles to see if there are any you didn’t install. Delete them.

Jan 4, 2020 12:47 PM in response to lollie

I ran my app for disk cleaner 3 times, then checked everything else you sent me and the last part of checking the System Preferences/Profiles had something there that we did not recognize. Figured out how to delete it, and it did so. I then opened Safari again and that search.searchpulse was GONE! YEA!!!!

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.