Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv plus not working on my apple tv

hey. i bought apple tv plus app and it works fine on my phone. but on my apple tv when i go into the app, it asks for my password, then sends a code to my phone but the screen goes blank and has no where to enter the code, then i go back and it does the same thing over and over and over. It won't ever let me watch the apple tv app. it's maddening. is there a fix for this? All of my other apps on my apple tv like hulu netflix and prime work just fine.

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 12:21 AM

This model?

Try restarting the Apple TV and you can also use your phone to airplay to your Apple TV as another option

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Year introduced: 2012

Color: Black

Model number: A1427 or A1469 for Rev A

Apple Remote (aluminum)

5 replies

Jan 2, 2020 3:52 PM in response to appletvpluskeepsmessingup

What model is your Apple TV?

if it’s a Gen 3, then you are to enter the code onto the end of your password as one entry. Example: “password123456”, then click submit. Keep your iPhone nearby so when you receive the code you may enter it quickly before it expires.

If you have a longer password, you might want to enter your password, then request the code so you don’t run out of time in being able to append it to the password.

• remember it’s “password123456”,... All as one entry in the password field 

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974

Jan 2, 2020 5:07 PM in response to Vancouver22

okay, now it's doing this. Go into apple tv+ app. Click on a show...then a number code just pops up on my phone and the TV screen goes blank and stays blank. Until i go back and try again...and then it just does the same thing over and over. No prompts to sign in.

and as an aside, I did click on sign up to be sure i was still signed up for the app and all it said was no products are available at this time. It's just one dead end after the other

apple tv plus not working on my apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.