Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ will not play on my Apple TV

When I log into my iTunes account on my Apple TV, it takes me to the screen with the TV+ option, I click on it and go to the next screen and click on the show ‘See’.  My iPhone, Watch and iPad get a notice I’m trying to sign in, I click OK and the 6-digit passcode comes up, but there is no place to key it in on the Apple TV or either of my three devices.  The TV+ subscription came with my iPhone 11 and works great on my iPhone and iPad, but no access on my Apple TV.  I realize it may be a simple case of brain freeze on my part, but I could some assistance.  Thanks, Rick 

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 5:44 PM

If your Apple TV is a 2nd or 3rd Generation and it’s asking you to enter the two factor authentication code, then you are to enter the code onto the end of your password as one entry. Example: “password123456”, then click submit. Keep your iPhone nearby so when you receive the code you may enter it quickly before it expires.

If you have a longer password, you might want to enter your password, then request the code so you don’t run out of time in being able to append it to the password.

remember it’s “password123456”,... All as one entry in the password field 

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2020 5:44 PM in response to Rick9948

If your Apple TV is a 2nd or 3rd Generation and it’s asking you to enter the two factor authentication code, then you are to enter the code onto the end of your password as one entry. Example: “password123456”, then click submit. Keep your iPhone nearby so when you receive the code you may enter it quickly before it expires.

If you have a longer password, you might want to enter your password, then request the code so you don’t run out of time in being able to append it to the password.

remember it’s “password123456”,... All as one entry in the password field 

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974

Apple TV+ will not play on my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.