Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud video streaming

I'm having a problem finding any solid info as to why I can't find any info on this subject. Right now I have my library of movies and tv shows in Google One and stream that content to my various devices through infuse. Why can I not do the same with iCloud? I don't care if it's with infuse I'll use whatever, but everytime I try with file apps and such it always downloads a copy to my device and then plays it rather than streaming it directly like with Google. With one tb of content ii no the cloud I can't have that downloading onto my devices so they can play, I need them to stream from the cloud. Right now I use mostly apple services and would rather not pay for iCloud drive space and Google one space, rather would like everything in the apple universe.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 5:07 AM

Why create an online storage service (iCloud drive) and mirror it to be just like any other cloud storage service (OneDrive,Google one, pcloud, etc) but omit that one important feature that everybody else has? I don't get it.

2 replies

ICloud video streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.