Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Edit/Alter previously created movie titles in the video

How do I Edit/Alter previously created movie titles? I am attempting to use previously created movie with titles that was imported into the new movie. The only option I see is to remove the clips containing the titles, but critical snippets are lost. Are other options available to edit out the text from the video without loosing the video?

Using the latest iMovie running Catalina on a Mackbook Pro. All software, and patches are up to date.

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 11:24 AM

Unfortunately, if the title in the original clip is embedded into the video itself there is no way to remove it without removing the part of the clip that contains the title. Depending on where the title is located on the screen you might be able to use the Picture in Picture feature to overlay a colored background over the title.

If you have the original unedited portion of the clip somewhere on your computer, you could import it into iMovie and insert the part where the title would be into the edited clip.

Best case would be if youhad the original project still on your computer where you could easily delete the title.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 11:24 AM in response to Hartwell301

Unfortunately, if the title in the original clip is embedded into the video itself there is no way to remove it without removing the part of the clip that contains the title. Depending on where the title is located on the screen you might be able to use the Picture in Picture feature to overlay a colored background over the title.

If you have the original unedited portion of the clip somewhere on your computer, you could import it into iMovie and insert the part where the title would be into the edited clip.

Best case would be if youhad the original project still on your computer where you could easily delete the title.

-- Rich

How do I Edit/Alter previously created movie titles in the video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.