Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing from QuickTime into iMovie 09 so I can edit the movie

I created a project in iMovie 09 a long time ago and exported it. I've deleted the project.

I can view the movie in QuickTime and it has titles. I can import the movie from Quicktime into iMovie but cannot edit the titles. Should I re-import it in a different format? If so, how do I do this? Thanks

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 3:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 8:27 AM

Unfortunately you cannot re-edit a title that has been embedded in a standalone movie. However, you may be able to overlay a new title over it, or cut out the portion of the clip that displays the title and add a new clip or background on which to place the title.

-- Rich

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 8:27 AM in response to AWPAWP

Unfortunately you cannot re-edit a title that has been embedded in a standalone movie. However, you may be able to overlay a new title over it, or cut out the portion of the clip that displays the title and add a new clip or background on which to place the title.

-- Rich

Nov 1, 2021 8:53 AM in response to AWPAWP

If you are using El Capitan or later iMovie 9 started to become increasingly dysfunctional. Displaying black still images was one of the commonly noted problems. It didn’t happen with video clips.If that’s the cause no cure for it other than to update your Projects and events into iMovie 10.

You could try reducing the resolution of the photos and see if that cures it, however.

A workaround is to put your photo into a photos app slide show and export it to your desk top as a video clip. Then import the slideshow video clip into iMove. You can adjudt its duration with the speed adjustment feature.

— Rich

Importing from QuickTime into iMovie 09 so I can edit the movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.