Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem connecting to network drive on login

Wonder if someone can help solve this problem. I have a network drive (Time Capsule) that we plan to use for shared files (music, movies, etc.). I want it to auto-mount upon login. Here is what I've done:

Finder > Go > Connect to Server

Entered the server name (afp://MooseJaw TC2._afpovertcp._tcp.local) and added it to Favorite Servers.

Connected to the server, entered my name and the server password, checked off "Remember password in keychain", clicked on Connect.

The drive mounted. I then opened System Preferences, went to Users & Groups, clicked on Login Items, dragged the drive icon onto the logon list, saved my changes and closed System Preferences.

Restarted the MBP, everything restarted as usual, but when it tried to connect to the drive it popped up the connect screen asking for my password again.

I have a thought as to what the problem is, but I wanted to ask here first as the group here is far more knowledgeable in this stuff than I am, and my thought would take a lot of work to enact.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 1:28 PM

Same thing, logon screen popped up when I clicked on the drive.

Sounds silly, but my thought was that there is a space in the server name (between the w and the TC). There doesn't seem to be a way to rename it without erasing the drive.

Similar questions

5 replies

problem connecting to network drive on login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.