Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer requests from Unknown entities wanting to access keychain or keychain access.

Upon starting up, computer image requests from unknown entities wanting to access keychain or keychain access. How to stop this?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 12:46 PM

3 replies

Jan 3, 2020 2:02 PM in response to John Roehm

John Roehm wrote:

Upon starting my MBPro, I get requests that want to use the "Log in Keychain" from: national service proxy, Spotlight, assistantd, fmfd, Scoped Bookmark Agent and on and on. Also I get: Safari wants to use "local items" keychain. etc etc.

I use the program Fantastical 2 and it wants to use the "log in" keychain. I can either fill in, or click cancel or OK. Cancel just brings up another request. It's maddening. A million thanks for your help.

Your passwords for these services and applications are stored in keychain—why not give them access, so you do have to play whack-O-mole .

Verify your Keychain remains unlocked so it can perform as designed—managing your passwords.

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password ...

Jan 3, 2020 1:12 PM in response to John Roehm

John Roehm wrote:

Upon starting up, computer image requests from unknown entities wanting to access keychain or keychain access. How to stop this?

What " unknown entities" ?

please advise

ref: see the table of contents:

https://support.apple.com/guide/keychain-access/welcome/mac

ref: Change Security & Privacy General preferences on Mac ...

Jan 3, 2020 1:53 PM in response to John Roehm

Upon starting my MBPro, I get requests that want to use the "Log in Keychain" from: national service proxy, Spotlight, assistantd, fmfd, Scoped Bookmark Agent and on and on. Also I get: Safari wants to use "local items" keychain. etc etc. I use the program Fantastical 2 and it wants to use the "log in" keychain. I can either fill in, or click cancel or OK. Cancel just brings up another request. It's maddening. A million thanks for your help.

Computer requests from Unknown entities wanting to access keychain or keychain access.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.