Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account Profile Icon picture is not showing up in the MacOS App Store

The Account Profile Icon picture is showing up as a grey circle in the App Store.

Everywhere else (System Preferences and iCloud) it is showing up fine.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 7:40 AM

Hello, Darkfire55!

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities!

If I'm understanding your post correctly, your profile picture for your Apple ID doesn't show in the Mac App Store, but it shows everywhere else.

Have you tried restarting your Mac? A lot of issues can be addressed by just restarting. Go to the Apple  menu > Restart, to restart your Mac and see if that helps.

If a restart doesn't help, try signing out of the Mac App Store by going to the Store menu and then clicking "Sign Out", quit the App Store app and then re-launch it and sign in again from the Store menu.

If the issue persists, try testing the issue in safe mode and in a new user account, following the steps in these articles based on how your Mac responds:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

I hope this helps!

Kindest Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 7:40 AM in response to Darkfire55

Hello, Darkfire55!

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities!

If I'm understanding your post correctly, your profile picture for your Apple ID doesn't show in the Mac App Store, but it shows everywhere else.

Have you tried restarting your Mac? A lot of issues can be addressed by just restarting. Go to the Apple  menu > Restart, to restart your Mac and see if that helps.

If a restart doesn't help, try signing out of the Mac App Store by going to the Store menu and then clicking "Sign Out", quit the App Store app and then re-launch it and sign in again from the Store menu.

If the issue persists, try testing the issue in safe mode and in a new user account, following the steps in these articles based on how your Mac responds:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

I hope this helps!

Kindest Regards.

Account Profile Icon picture is not showing up in the MacOS App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.