Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Devices show “Windows” as one of my devices. Is that normal?

Apple ID, My Devices shows “Windows” as one of my devices. Is that normal? I do have a Windows 10.1 PC but, shouldn’t there be more identification Information?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 5:07 AM

Your Apple ID, My devices is showing that Windows10.1 is detectable as one of your devices because, whether two seperate devices are connected or not, it knows that you have used that device at some time or another.

For what it's worth, my iMac shows 4 devices that I have had connected to it, in particular, my 21" 'spare' iMac that I keep as a possible back up. It also knows that I have a MacBook Air that is not currently connected either wirelessly or by ethernet cable.

All the My Devices is doing is keeping a record of the fact that you have had the 2 devices connected at some time or another.

This will give you some idea as to how it works: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205064 Clicking or tapping on a device icon will give you loose details as to product name, serial number (if applicable) and whether it's capapble of using your Apple ID to log in.

May I ask if you sent your query from your Windows PC or from an Apple device?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 5:07 AM in response to TayHubDad

Your Apple ID, My devices is showing that Windows10.1 is detectable as one of your devices because, whether two seperate devices are connected or not, it knows that you have used that device at some time or another.

For what it's worth, my iMac shows 4 devices that I have had connected to it, in particular, my 21" 'spare' iMac that I keep as a possible back up. It also knows that I have a MacBook Air that is not currently connected either wirelessly or by ethernet cable.

All the My Devices is doing is keeping a record of the fact that you have had the 2 devices connected at some time or another.

This will give you some idea as to how it works: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205064 Clicking or tapping on a device icon will give you loose details as to product name, serial number (if applicable) and whether it's capapble of using your Apple ID to log in.

May I ask if you sent your query from your Windows PC or from an Apple device?

My Devices show “Windows” as one of my devices. Is that normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.