Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign-in with Apple ID since Catalina update

Hi everyone,

I updated to Catalina fine, then had some 'weird' issues around my Apple ID (Should have noted them...)

So decided to sign out of my Apple ID from my iMac, then attempt to sign in again and now I am stuck at this screen with the spinning wheel:

I have trying to sign out, reboot etc in every way and still can't get past this.

I am signed in all OK in iPhone/iPad etc... the issue appears to be just on my iMac since the Catalina upgrade.

Also if I stop the sign out and select 'Don't use iCloud' I can see this screen:

It kind of looks signed in, but isn't signed in to iCloud.

Any ideas?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 6:38 AM

If you boot into the Safe Mode in your normal user account, can you sign in? After trying the Safe Mode, reboot normally and test.

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 6:38 AM in response to drbabbers

If you boot into the Safe Mode in your normal user account, can you sign in? After trying the Safe Mode, reboot normally and test.

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Jan 5, 2020 5:27 AM in response to drbabbers

You are welcome. I would uninstall Avast. It tends to interfere with the computer's operation while providing minimal to no benefit unless you work with Windows files. Most long time posters recommend not using antivirus software or cleaning software such as CleanMyMac.

Avast

Avast Un-install

I would also uninstall CleanMyMac4 using the Developer's uninstall instructions.

Try quitting/disabling TunnelBear and the Cisco software.

Some people have solved this by going to System Preferences/Internet Accounts, selecting an iCloud account there, and signing in. You need to repeat this for each iCloud account.

Jan 5, 2020 6:16 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

I have given all of that a go as described. For Avast and CleanMyMac I reinstalled and uninstalled. Also attempted manual cleanups for both.

Here is the latest EtreCheck result:

https://pastebin.com/ErpG3unn

Also tried the Internet Accounts sign in option. Interestingly enough I sign in with my Apple ID and it disappears from the screen but I see no iCloud account signed in.. Any other ideas?

Dean

Can't sign-in with Apple ID since Catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.