Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get a message saying "Sign in to complete purchase" every few minutes.

I get a message on My series 4 Apple Watch every few minutes saying: Sign in to Complete Purchase. It gives my husband's ID. We've tried entering his password (with some concern, as we don't know what we are purchasing.....) but that doesn't work.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 10:11 AM

Hi JKRMaya,

Thanks for posting your question. I see you're being prompted to sign in to complete a purchase from your Apple Watch, and I'm happy to see if I can assist.

Typically, this type of alert would come up if an app was downloaded using a different Apple ID. It may help to try the steps below in order to determine which app is causing the prompt. I recommend updating your apps one at a time to see which one brings up the prompt: Install apps on your Apple Watch

"How to check for updates on your Apple Watch manually

1. Open the App Store on your watch and scroll down to the bottom.
  2. Tap Account.
  3. Tap Updates.
  4. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All."

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 10:11 AM in response to JKRMaya

Hi JKRMaya,

Thanks for posting your question. I see you're being prompted to sign in to complete a purchase from your Apple Watch, and I'm happy to see if I can assist.

Typically, this type of alert would come up if an app was downloaded using a different Apple ID. It may help to try the steps below in order to determine which app is causing the prompt. I recommend updating your apps one at a time to see which one brings up the prompt: Install apps on your Apple Watch

"How to check for updates on your Apple Watch manually

1. Open the App Store on your watch and scroll down to the bottom.
  2. Tap Account.
  3. Tap Updates.
  4. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All."

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

Jan 7, 2020 10:37 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thanks. I followed your instructions, but my apps were already updated; no updates were needed. One of the odd things about this is that the Sign in To Complete Purchase message refers to my husband's Apple ID; not mine. I'm going to contact Apple support to see what they can do. It's quite annoying, as the message pops up frequently. Thank you so much for trying to help me with this.

I get a message saying "Sign in to complete purchase" every few minutes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.