Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trash folder missing from Mail

Not sure how, but my trash folder is missing from my mail. Not sure how to recover it. I have OS Catalina and the mail preferences do not include trash in the account behaviours. Not sure what to do.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 9:33 AM

miesje208 wrote:

Did it. Didn't make the trash icon/folder appear. I think the deleted emails are probably going into the computer's Bin on my desktop, but they're impossible to search. I want my **** trash back in my email so I can rummage through (search) them the same way I do with sent and junk emails.

You can delete the email account then Add in back in to regain all mailbox.

IMAP email remains on the server.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you want to try and investigate further, control click on your inbox>Account information,

see if Trash is being recognized here.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/create-or-delete-mailboxes-mlhlp1021/mac

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 9:33 AM in response to miesje208

miesje208 wrote:

Did it. Didn't make the trash icon/folder appear. I think the deleted emails are probably going into the computer's Bin on my desktop, but they're impossible to search. I want my **** trash back in my email so I can rummage through (search) them the same way I do with sent and junk emails.

You can delete the email account then Add in back in to regain all mailbox.

IMAP email remains on the server.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you want to try and investigate further, control click on your inbox>Account information,

see if Trash is being recognized here.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/create-or-delete-mailboxes-mlhlp1021/mac

Jan 5, 2020 7:10 AM in response to dialabrain

Was Gmail ever POP? I know it isn't true IMAP.

I seem to remember only an archive option was given in iPhone Mail app when you left swiped. Like I said it has been a while but I do remember Google REALLY want to keep your emails forever and even if you think they are gone they ain't. Still being marketed and analysed.

Trash folder missing from Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.