Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Episodes

is it possible to select a certain episode in a series on the new Apple TV? I had company over the holidays and was unable to watch. I’m about to cancel my subscription if this is not resolved. Seems very below par for Apple.

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 10:55 AM

I’m not having much luck with it.

Please see Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and streaming devices - Apple Support

especially the chapter

Control what’s playing in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

with guidance for Rewind/fast-forward and subtitles/closed captioning.

I don’t have a Roku myself, so I’m hoping it works as Apple describes in the documents.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 10:55 AM in response to Lucyonthecoast

I’m not having much luck with it.

Please see Apple TV app user guide for smart TVs and streaming devices - Apple Support

especially the chapter

Control what’s playing in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

with guidance for Rewind/fast-forward and subtitles/closed captioning.

I don’t have a Roku myself, so I’m hoping it works as Apple describes in the documents.

Jan 5, 2020 3:37 AM in response to Lucyonthecoast

You may select any episode from the series overview. It is unclear to me how you are not able to make that selection.

As an additional easy access option, the Up Next feature should keep track of unwatched episodes and offer the first unwatched episode for each show, or even offer to continue halfway a previously interrupted episode.

Is this about Apple TV+ Channel streaming service?

On what device are you trying to watch this?

Jan 5, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Yes, it is from Apple TV streaming, but I have a TCL ROKU TV. If I stop during the middle of an episode and get distracted too long, it starts again from the beginning which is also frustrating. Or if it gets late and I need to stop watching and go to sleep it doe not hold my spot the next day. If I rewind a tad to understand what they said it often jumps back to the beginning. The closed captions won’t come on. I’ve restarted the TV but it doesn’t fix these issues. I’m not having much luck with it. I’m sure it could be user error.

Episodes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.