Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages doesn't number all the pages.

Hello, when I try to add numbers to the pages (INSERT PAGE NUMBER), it only numbers the page I am working on, not the other pages. I have to manually add numbers to every (300 total) page :-(

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 6:47 AM

Pages v8.2.1 on Catalina 10.15.2 will automatically number all pages of all sections in a document when you insert a page number on the first section page. If you deselect Document : Section : Match previous section in any subsequent document section, all page numbers will disappear from that section through the end of the document.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 6:47 AM in response to Turbotim9

Pages v8.2.1 on Catalina 10.15.2 will automatically number all pages of all sections in a document when you insert a page number on the first section page. If you deselect Document : Section : Match previous section in any subsequent document section, all page numbers will disappear from that section through the end of the document.

Pages doesn't number all the pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.