Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar App has events in correct time zone with comment in wrong time zone

Hey everyone!

So I started using the calendar app along with google calendar. In the apple app it has all my events scheduled at the right times on the planner, but then has the time displayed on the event an hour later on AST.

As an example

Planner view has "Morning Meeting" in 8am-9am slot, but on the actual colored block it says "Morning Meeting; 9am-10am AST"

Any idea how to make it so the time slot and the time on the event are the same? I can't find any setting anywhere that says to use AST. Any help would be appreciated

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 4:07 PM

Hey ReeseMykel,

I see that calendar events on your iPhone show different times for the same event. I'll be happy to help out.

Make sure the time settings are correct on the iPhone by going to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is turned on. Also check for the correct time zone in Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone.

One more setting to check is Settings > Calendar, and make sure that Time Zone Override is toggled on.

If all these settings are adjusted, and it's still showing different times for the same event, restarting and updating are two steps that may help:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 4:07 PM in response to ReeseMykel

Hey ReeseMykel,

I see that calendar events on your iPhone show different times for the same event. I'll be happy to help out.

Make sure the time settings are correct on the iPhone by going to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is turned on. Also check for the correct time zone in Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone.

One more setting to check is Settings > Calendar, and make sure that Time Zone Override is toggled on.

If all these settings are adjusted, and it's still showing different times for the same event, restarting and updating are two steps that may help:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers.

Calendar App has events in correct time zone with comment in wrong time zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.