Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PLEASE! Have "floating" as a time zone default choice

I cannot tell you how many appointments I've missed, and flights that I've almost missed because I add them in one time zone only to have the time on the calendar move when I go to another time zone.

I want the time I enter on my calendars on ALL my Apple devices to STAY on the time it was entered. It will save so much confusion!

Is there a way to make FLOATING as a default time zone?

MacBook, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 8:01 AM

I know that. It doesn’t help. I want my DEFAULT time zone to be floating so that NONE of my appointments change time because I’ve switched time zones. Which means, when I’m asking Siri to make an appointment, I don’t have to in later and change the time zine to floating…… because it’s already set to floating.

Foe example. I’m currently in Cabo, Mexico. I’m leaving for London today. I’ve made a lunch meeting next week for when I’m in London. But because I’ve made my appointment while in in Cabo, the time would change when I land on London. I don’t want to have to mess with the time zone thing. I want my appointments to be what I entered in my calendar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 8:01 AM in response to tygb

I know that. It doesn’t help. I want my DEFAULT time zone to be floating so that NONE of my appointments change time because I’ve switched time zones. Which means, when I’m asking Siri to make an appointment, I don’t have to in later and change the time zine to floating…… because it’s already set to floating.

Foe example. I’m currently in Cabo, Mexico. I’m leaving for London today. I’ve made a lunch meeting next week for when I’m in London. But because I’ve made my appointment while in in Cabo, the time would change when I land on London. I don’t want to have to mess with the time zone thing. I want my appointments to be what I entered in my calendar.

PLEASE! Have "floating" as a time zone default choice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.