Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One person does not show up on Airdrop

I spent several hours on the phone with Apple Support the other day with no solution. So I'm asking, if by any chance, someone has an idea about this problem.

My husband and I both have iPhones and iPads. Remember, we have been through everything to check this out.

He does not show up on my Airdrop when I try to send him something. Both on iPad and iPhone. All others show up on my Airdrop with no problems. Obviously something is blocking him. All settings are correct on both devices. We went through every solution possible with the Apple Support person. For two hours.

Any ideas at all?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 7:47 AM

Unfortunately, unless you describe your attempts at resolving the problem, here we have no idea at all about what you have tried - or not.

So, in absence of additional information - I’ll risk what could be both an obvious question and a simple solution...

Have you both set AidDrop to “Everyone” on your respective devices?

Settings > General > AirDrop - select Everyone

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2020 7:47 AM in response to lynfromeaston

Unfortunately, unless you describe your attempts at resolving the problem, here we have no idea at all about what you have tried - or not.

So, in absence of additional information - I’ll risk what could be both an obvious question and a simple solution...

Have you both set AidDrop to “Everyone” on your respective devices?

Settings > General > AirDrop - select Everyone

Jan 6, 2020 10:27 AM in response to LotusPilot

Yes. We did that. We did two hours worth of troubleshooting and that’s why I didn’t list everything we did. Too many things to list here. The support person got onto all our devices to check everything. Her last recommendation was to back up his iPad on my MacBook Pro and do a factory reset. See if it worked. If so then add things back one at a time. That seemed not only drastic, but certainly time consuming since he has many many apps. But maybe that’s what we will have to do...

Thank you for your reply.

One person does not show up on Airdrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.