Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop issues with iPhone and iPad on same Apple ID

I have an iPhone7, iOS 13.5.1 and an iPad 9.7" early 2018, iOS 13.5.1 — Both are using the same Apple ID.

Each device is named by "Name's iPhone" and "Name's iPad".

When trying to Airdrop between the two devices, the iPad in particular does not show up most of the time. It randomly appears and disappears.

When trying to airdrop to either of the above iOS devices from my MacBook Pro, I only see my "Name" appear one time. When I select "Name" the airdrop message appears on the iPhone, but only randomly on the iPad, or sometimes not at all. At times I have had success by shutting down the iPad, doing a hard reset and then trying the Airdrop again.

( In contrast, on my other iPhone/iPad combination, both devices appear individually when trying to Airdrop and I can select, one or the other, or both to send the file too.)

The iPad I'm having issues with is still under AppleCare, but currently it is impossible to get Apple Support. The iPhone7 is well out of warranty.

I have tried every fix I can find online, other than wiping both devices back to factory defaults and starting over.

Any suggestions or input are greatly appreciated.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 3:21 PM

Hello,

Try resetting iPhone and iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your device prior to resetting its settings.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2020 3:21 PM in response to cre8tive1

Hello,

Try resetting iPhone and iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your device prior to resetting its settings.

Airdrop issues with iPhone and iPad on same Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.