Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BSOD after restarting during Windows 10 (1909) install

Hi there,

I've been having a really tough time trying to install Windows 10 (1909) on my 2014 rMBP13 (Mojave 10.14.6). I've recently swapped out the standard 128gb SSD on the mac with a 1TB Samsung NVME drive + adaptor.

Today I tried using Bootcamp Assistant to install Windows 10. I get as far as installing all the files, but when the mac restarts to finish the installation I get a BSOD when during the "Getting devices ready" stage of startup. After this I just get a boot-up loop where it keeps saying that Windows ran into an error and must restart.

Any help would be much appreciated!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 10:29 PM

In my environment, with MacBookAir2014 (11 inch) conversion connector 960 evo (1 TB),

It seems to work including BootCamp (Windows10) so far.

What I did

・ Windows 10 iso goes back to 1502

・Be sure to connect to the power supply during Windows installation and Windows Update

・ If it is battery operation, Windows will stop at CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, so connect to power and start up,

Change detailed power settings-> PCIExpress-> Power management of link status-> Battery drive: Make proper power saving.

Speculation is that the default `` maximum power saving '' in NVMe may not be enough for PCIe power

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2020 10:29 PM in response to cronk2gumpy

In my environment, with MacBookAir2014 (11 inch) conversion connector 960 evo (1 TB),

It seems to work including BootCamp (Windows10) so far.

What I did

・ Windows 10 iso goes back to 1502

・Be sure to connect to the power supply during Windows installation and Windows Update

・ If it is battery operation, Windows will stop at CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, so connect to power and start up,

Change detailed power settings-> PCIExpress-> Power management of link status-> Battery drive: Make proper power saving.

Speculation is that the default `` maximum power saving '' in NVMe may not be enough for PCIe power

BSOD after restarting during Windows 10 (1909) install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.