Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to install windows 10 on MBA mid-2013 with OWC SSD result in blue screen

Hi,

I want to install windows 10 with bootcamp on my MBA mid-2013 13'',

I followed the step from apple official page but after windows finishes its installation and reboot, it crashes in cycle with a BSOD (blue screen of death),

While searching on the internet it seemed like a quick and easy install...

I try using recovery mode from windows, same issue...

I've changed the SSD, the battery and the display on this mac,

Help appreciated,

Jielpe

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 9:58 AM

You have two choices.

• Leave the OWC SSD installed internally, and use a Virtualization engine (Parallels, VMware Fusion or VirtualBox) to install Windows, or,
  • Install the OWC SSD in an external enclosure, install macOS on it and then install the original SSD internally on the Mac and install Windows on the internal original SSD using BC Assistant. Once the Windows installer starts, you will need to physically disconnect the external SSD to make the Windows installer work properly

Your MBA should have three options - Create, Download and Install. Create+Download create the Windows installer. Install partitions your internal disk and brings up the Windows installer.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 9:58 AM in response to Jielpe

You have two choices.

• Leave the OWC SSD installed internally, and use a Virtualization engine (Parallels, VMware Fusion or VirtualBox) to install Windows, or,
  • Install the OWC SSD in an external enclosure, install macOS on it and then install the original SSD internally on the Mac and install Windows on the internal original SSD using BC Assistant. Once the Windows installer starts, you will need to physically disconnect the external SSD to make the Windows installer work properly

Your MBA should have three options - Create, Download and Install. Create+Download create the Windows installer. Install partitions your internal disk and brings up the Windows installer.

Trying to install windows 10 on MBA mid-2013 with OWC SSD result in blue screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.