Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Systems preferences on an iMac

Systems Preferences is showing there is a download pending or a new app to be "installed". There is a little round red ball on the top right with a 1 in it.......

The issue is that I cannot find what is pending or how to clear this. I have it on both of my iMacs after having installed and upgraded to Catalina 10.15.2.

Advise anyone? Thanks

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 9:10 AM

So I feel stupid! I followed Apple's suggestion and opened iCloud with my ID / yadda...yadda! and once opened, that little "red" circle on my System Preferences went away. But now I am in the iCloud and want to 'TURN IT OFF". How do I turn the iCloud OFF?

Same subject matter: Catalina now shows that there are some apps [4 to be exact] that cannot be updated because they are 32-bit and not 64-bit apps. Am I supposed to simply "de;ete" or throw them away? One of them is called Microsoft Silverlight? Can someone help an old man get his computer working decently?

Thanks, Richard

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 9:10 AM in response to rbfrank

So I feel stupid! I followed Apple's suggestion and opened iCloud with my ID / yadda...yadda! and once opened, that little "red" circle on my System Preferences went away. But now I am in the iCloud and want to 'TURN IT OFF". How do I turn the iCloud OFF?

Same subject matter: Catalina now shows that there are some apps [4 to be exact] that cannot be updated because they are 32-bit and not 64-bit apps. Am I supposed to simply "de;ete" or throw them away? One of them is called Microsoft Silverlight? Can someone help an old man get his computer working decently?

Thanks, Richard

Jan 6, 2020 7:50 PM in response to BDAqua

The App Store just wants me to join iCloud - which I do NOT want to do and also shows the latest apps that were downloaded. Nothing special; nothing out of the ordinary that I can see. Maybe they [Apple] wants to insist that I open the iCloud and I really am not interested. Is there a way I can say "not interested"?

Systems preferences on an iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.