Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: AirPods Pro Rattling Noise

I’ve only had my AirPods Pro for a bit over a month and my right AirPod has a rattling noise which originally was just when I coughed or cleared my throat and now it’s litterally every slight move it rattles. I use them primarily at the gym and it is the most annoying experience. I have disconnected my AirPods and re set them up but it’s still occurring. I don’t have the money for new ones as I’m about to start University is this something that Apple can fix?

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 10:53 PM

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Hello,

See this:

AirPods Repair - Official Apple Support

Good luck.

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 5:58 AM

Question marked as Helpful

Jan 7, 2020 12:13 PM in response to KHXIII In response to KHXIII

I’m the same here! My left AirPod is rattling. At first i thought it was just static interference so i tried to reconnect and mess around with Bluetooth and wifi. If I’m not moving it’s fine but as soon as the base hits the rattle starts, especially when I’m in the gym it rattles like **** so I’m assuming it’s something within the AirPod itself. I’ve only had them for about 2 and half months now and fuming that I’ve paid £250 for it to start rattling so soon.

Jan 7, 2020 12:13 PM

Jan 9, 2020 12:42 AM in response to Leroy2798 In response to Leroy2798

Yes, I am experiencing the same issue too, it originally started with my right Airpod, I got that replaced with their DIY service but now recently it has started with my left one too. Songs with heavy bass or when running, it seems to very noticeable, One thing I’ve noticed, I don’t know if it’s the same with everyone else but when the AirPods are on the “OFF” position it’s not noticeable at all which I find very strange.

Jan 9, 2020 12:42 AM

Jan 23, 2020 1:45 PM in response to Leroy2798 In response to Leroy2798

I'm having the same issue also, found that if i change it to noise canceling off (must be done through your volume, can't be done by holding the earpiece), that this issue goes away. I'm assuming something is wrong with the external speaker (the one that detects noise in transparency or noise canceling mode), I'm going through some steps now (making sure the ear pod is clean and then disconnecting / reconnecting). Will contact Apple support if doesn't fix the issue.

Jan 23, 2020 1:45 PM

Jan 7, 2020 10:17 AM in response to Leroy2798 In response to Leroy2798

I also have this issue with my right AirPods Pro. It was really subtle when I first got it and thought it was normal, but it got worse over time to the point where moving my jaw would make it rattle. Everyone should still have their year warranty so definitely contact Apple for a replacement ASAP. I contacted them via chat the other day and my new replacement is coming in today. Fingers crossed!

Jan 7, 2020 10:17 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Jan 7, 2020 10:17 AM in response to Leroy2798 In response to Leroy2798

I also have this issue with my right AirPods Pro. It was really subtle when I first got it and thought it was normal, but it got worse over time to the point where moving my jaw would make it rattle. Everyone should still have their year warranty so definitely contact Apple for a replacement ASAP. I contacted them via chat the other day and my new replacement is coming in today. Fingers crossed!

Jan 7, 2020 10:17 AM

Reply Helpful (8)

Jan 7, 2020 12:13 PM in response to KHXIII In response to KHXIII

I’m the same here! My left AirPod is rattling. At first i thought it was just static interference so i tried to reconnect and mess around with Bluetooth and wifi. If I’m not moving it’s fine but as soon as the base hits the rattle starts, especially when I’m in the gym it rattles like **** so I’m assuming it’s something within the AirPod itself. I’ve only had them for about 2 and half months now and fuming that I’ve paid £250 for it to start rattling so soon.

Jan 7, 2020 12:13 PM

Reply Helpful (12)

Jan 7, 2020 1:43 PM in response to Leroy2798 In response to Leroy2798

Experiencing the exact same thing. It just started in my left pod after about a month of owning them. I chatted with support last night and they're supposed to ship me a replacement. Really hoping this doesn't become an ongoing issue.

Jan 7, 2020 1:43 PM

Reply Helpful (5)

Jan 9, 2020 12:42 AM in response to Leroy2798 In response to Leroy2798

Yes, I am experiencing the same issue too, it originally started with my right Airpod, I got that replaced with their DIY service but now recently it has started with my left one too. Songs with heavy bass or when running, it seems to very noticeable, One thing I’ve noticed, I don’t know if it’s the same with everyone else but when the AirPods are on the “OFF” position it’s not noticeable at all which I find very strange.

Jan 9, 2020 12:42 AM

Reply Helpful (10)

Jan 9, 2020 2:31 PM in response to aaronhall1132 In response to aaronhall1132

I didn’t want to fuss around with postage cause I’m terrible with that so I caught a train to the city and organised it there but they didn’t have a replacement but it should be ready in a couple days and I’m back in the city on the weekend so I hope it’s ready then

Jan 9, 2020 2:31 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 14, 2020 3:31 AM in response to Leroy2798 In response to Leroy2798

Same thing happened to me with my right one. I started noticing it during phone calls. Eventually, it started happening with certain frequencies in songs (not necessarily bass) and when I coughed or hummed.

Surprisingly enough, I did still hear the noise when I had noise cancellation turned off. It was harder to hear, but it was still there.

Apple did replace it without hassle though. Hopefully, whatever is happening during manufacturing to cause this is found and addressed. I really hope we’re not spending the next year swapping AirPods for this reason.

Jan 14, 2020 3:31 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jan 23, 2020 1:45 PM in response to Leroy2798 In response to Leroy2798

I'm having the same issue also, found that if i change it to noise canceling off (must be done through your volume, can't be done by holding the earpiece), that this issue goes away. I'm assuming something is wrong with the external speaker (the one that detects noise in transparency or noise canceling mode), I'm going through some steps now (making sure the ear pod is clean and then disconnecting / reconnecting). Will contact Apple support if doesn't fix the issue.

Jan 23, 2020 1:45 PM

Reply Helpful (9)
User profile for user: Leroy2798

Question: AirPods Pro Rattling Noise