Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID on used device help!

I purchased a used iPod online. The seller erased all the information but did not restore it to factory settings. Since his Apple ID is still in the phone I can’t link it to my ID. I do have a bill of sale and invoice for the item but cannot get any help from the seller. Is there a way to make this work on my end or is it a lost cause? Thank you

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 10:10 AM

I’m sorry but you’re stuck. That’s the activation lock and since it’s meant to be a theft deterrent system there’s no work around.

I’m not sure if you used any service to buy it online (such as through ebay or the like) but you can see if they can force a refund for you since that device is not nor will it ever be usable.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 10:10 AM in response to Yank123

I’m sorry but you’re stuck. That’s the activation lock and since it’s meant to be a theft deterrent system there’s no work around.

I’m not sure if you used any service to buy it online (such as through ebay or the like) but you can see if they can force a refund for you since that device is not nor will it ever be usable.

Apple ID on used device help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.