Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I go back to a spreadsheet in numbers after making a current mistake?

how do I go back to a previous numbers spreadsheet when current one was altered by mistake

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 10:44 PM

HI murph.

It depends on how big the mistake was.

If you only entered a wrong value in a single cell, just replace that value with the correct one.

If you entered a value in a cell that originally contained a formula, then

• if the formula was created by filling an original formula up or down a column, or by filling an original formula left or right in a row, click on an adjacent cell, and use the fill handle (small yellow circle) to drag and copy the formula into the target cell.
  • If the formula is a standalone formula, double click the cell to open the formula editor, and rewrite the formula.

Beyond those situations, use Revert, as suggested by Peggy. Even given those simple situations, you may find Revert to be a more efficient method.

Regards,

Barry

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 10:44 PM in response to 4323murph

HI murph.

It depends on how big the mistake was.

If you only entered a wrong value in a single cell, just replace that value with the correct one.

If you entered a value in a cell that originally contained a formula, then

• if the formula was created by filling an original formula up or down a column, or by filling an original formula left or right in a row, click on an adjacent cell, and use the fill handle (small yellow circle) to drag and copy the formula into the target cell.
  • If the formula is a standalone formula, double click the cell to open the formula editor, and rewrite the formula.

Beyond those situations, use Revert, as suggested by Peggy. Even given those simple situations, you may find Revert to be a more efficient method.

Regards,

Barry

how do I go back to a spreadsheet in numbers after making a current mistake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.