Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I review and delete files and data that are stored in the ‘other’ folder?

Where can I review and delete files and data that are stored in the ‘other’ folder?

MacBook

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 5:50 AM

Thanks. Apparently the migration assistant didnt properly work. Did a complete reinstall of 10.15.2 and manually copied data over from old laptop. All sorted.

Appreciate the fast response from the community!

7 replies

Jan 8, 2020 12:25 AM in response to frankfromuithoorn

I take it you are referring to the Storage details you see from About This Mac.

This dialogue is notoriously unreliable, you may get a better and truer result by

rebuilding the Spotlight index, How to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac – Apple Support

If you are needing to free up space on your mac then items like movies, images and music tend to take up the

most room, consider copying those files that you do not need on a daily basis to an external drive.

After confirming they have copied over successfully you can delete them from your mac.

For an accurate description of what and where things are on your mac download this free app.,

https://www.omnigroup.com/more

You can delete files using this app, but please only delete files from your Users folder and only

files you recognise that are backed up or have no need for.

Do not delete files from any System or Library folders this could seriously damage the functionality of your mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.