Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems mailing attachments.

When I select a document to attach, in either Word (doc) pdf or jpeg the whole file opens in the body of the document, instead of just appearing as an attachment icon. I saw an earlier reply to this problem, which was to control click on the attachment before sending to 'view as icon' which works great.

However, as a precaution, I sent the documents to myself, just to check that it would be received ok, and they were all open and all over the pages in the receiving email. What can I do to show as icons only for the recipient as well.

Any help would be gratefully received. It's for my job hunt. Thank you

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 8:06 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 9, 2020 5:33 AM in response to BDAqua

Thank you for responding BDAqua. Windows attachments was checked but I was able to compress the files using Finder and went I sent myself the email, the zipped attachments remained in the icon, which was great. When I opened them though, there was the original file and the zipped file. Is this normal?

Problems mailing attachments.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.