Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

16" MacBook Pro mouse/keyboard occassional jitter/lag

I’ve had an inconsistent issue with split-second lag with the keyboard or mouse (built in or external) on a brand new 16” MacBook Pro. Maybe it was something I installed? Turning off “Automatic graphics switching” in system preferences may help a bit, but that seems silly to have to do on a brand new machine. Has anybody else seen this issue? Perhaps it's a Catalina bug?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 11:11 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 11, 2020 11:00 AM in response to treypiepmeier

Hey there, treypiepmeier!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand your mouse and keyboard seems to be running slower than expected. I rely on my Mac to work smoothly throughout the day, and would be happy to help out.

Do you notice if this happens after restarting or testing in another user account? To check, follow the steps in this support article to set up a test user:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

You can also follow the steps in the last section if this continues there as well:

"If the issue happens in the other user account:

Feel free to reply back with the results.

Take care!

Jan 17, 2020 5:44 AM in response to treypiepmeier

I have the same issue. Keyboard and scrolling lag. Typing appear on the display with display occassionally I have brand new Macbook 16".

• Operating system is up to date.
  • I tried Safe Mode.
  • I checked software and hardware issues without any issues.
  • I tried to turn off Automatic switching between iGPU and dGPU.

It's really annoying. I have this issues expcially in Safari, Mail and Slack. I have found similar thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/sluggish-safari-on-new-mbp-16.2213462/page-7

16" MacBook Pro mouse/keyboard occassional jitter/lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.