Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to delete/change my apple id photo

I log into icloud, and I have a old photo shown for my picture, but I cannot delete it. I can start to upload and "preview" a new photo, but it just does not replace the old one.

My current picture is not appearing on other apple sites though, just on the mac.

I dont have a phone currently, just a mac, hardly use it.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 3:08 PM

3 replies

Jan 12, 2020 1:23 AM in response to Teddy_B

Those steps do not appear to work in the Firefox desktop browser.

It's all a little confusing because on this page https://discussions.apple.com/profile/preferences

I can choose a community profile avatar, but using the same apple id - so they are not linked. Whatever, back to my original question.

I think the correct steps I need to follow when I am back in office tomorrow, because the image I see on my mac login has to be set by just pasting in a new image while I am in the profile settings screen. It may well be that it's all been about cloud sync I hope. Will udpate when I do figure out the disconnect in my understanding.

Unable to delete/change my apple id photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.