Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i was giving a iphone4 im not good at eletronics but it tells me to connect to itunes cause we bought at yard sale noone knew orignal owner i need to get activation lock off

i was giving a iphone4 im not good at eletronics but it tells me to connect to itunes cause we bought at yard sale noone knew orignal owner i need to get activation lock off

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 1:20 PM

If you are trying to activate an iPad or iPhone and it is asking for a previous owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You have no alternative. You must contact the previous owner to get permission to use the device. If you cannot contact the previous owner return the device to where you bought it and demand a refund. You will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 1:20 PM in response to annaburges

If you are trying to activate an iPad or iPhone and it is asking for a previous owners Apple ID and password, you have encountered the Activation Lock. This is a security feature that prevents thieves from setting up and using a stolen or lost iPad or iPhone. You have no alternative. You must contact the previous owner to get permission to use the device. If you cannot contact the previous owner return the device to where you bought it and demand a refund. You will never be able to activate the device and no one can help you do it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.