Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music on iPhone

I buy all my music on iTunes and then download it to the Music app on my phone. After a few days those songs are no longer downloaded on my phone and have the cloud symbol next to it indicating I need to redownload it. Since I buy my songs, how can I keep them on my phone and avoid redownloading them every day? I have limited data on my phone so it's an issue

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 1:41 PM

If you have limited storage on your iPhone, then perhaps the downloaded music is being deleted to make room for other "housekeeping" storage requirements on your iPhone. How much "excess storage do you typically have on your iPhone once you download the music? Perhaps the reply to this question will help:

How to manage storage and free up space o… - Apple Community

or

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2020 1:41 PM in response to rts13

If you have limited storage on your iPhone, then perhaps the downloaded music is being deleted to make room for other "housekeeping" storage requirements on your iPhone. How much "excess storage do you typically have on your iPhone once you download the music? Perhaps the reply to this question will help:

How to manage storage and free up space o… - Apple Community

or

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Music on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.